Saturday, May 21, 2011

Fix the Deficit - We Can Do It Together

     Today marks one month of my being on Twitter and blogging. I first had to pat myself on the back for being able to continue with my efforts despite having 4 children with active lives as well as trying to start working again after a year off due to my husband's suicide. After losing my home, my husband, and most of my friends (people avoid the widow of a suicide victim because they just feel uncomfortable),  I now have 4 well adjusted children, found a reasonably sized home to rent, started to work again, married a man who understands me and dries my tears as I continue to heal. This wonderful man supports my endeavors to continue with this project that my daughter Lauren suggested to help America get back on it's feet quicker so that maybe we can prevent what happen to our family from happening to theirs.
     I revisited why I started the project to refocus on what we are wanting to accomplish with all my tweeting and ranting.  The bottom line is to educate as many Americans as possible that their actions count. People everywhere need to realize that for every action there is a reaction - every action reaps a consequence.  If the American people continue to buy imported goods as opposed to American made goods - the reaction is that there are no jobs in America.  If the Government continues with it's unfair trade practices and heavy taxes on the businesses in America - there are no jobs at home.
    The deficit is a result of the governments actions against American businesses. The reason the deficit continues to spiral out of control is that the government cut off their own revenue by running the American businesses overseas or out of business all together. Now that there are less businesses to pay taxes and less American workers to pay taxes - the Government is compelled to raise taxes on the businesses and Americans left in the country that still have jobs. The only way to prevent the spiral downward in our American economy is to stop the excess of imports and bring the manufacturing back to America.
    Our mission is to educate the American public on how important it is to change our habits - the people have to do this now - because Washington moves slow - and they solve problems in complicated ways that seem to never show results.
    What we need to make our project a success is to have enough Americans recognize what we are trying to do and make an effort to support their fellow Americans. If we can get enough people to join our cause then the American people can do what the government has a such a hard time trying to accomplish on it's own. We can turn around the economy, give jobs back to our fellow Americans - we can support our military for humanitarian causes as well as defend our country from our foes and terrorists - we can stand on our own two feet again and be the country that I know we are. We can get rid of the deficit and Washington can quit fighting over money and start taking care of it's citizens as well as the world again.
   This cause is the only good thing to come from the suicide of a great man - Monty Townsend - he retired from the Army - he loved his country and he was a small businessman living the American dream. Mistakes that we, as a country, made filled his heart with hopelessness and despair when it came to supporting his family. No American should feel like their family is going to be homeless and go hungry. 
   It is time for our message to spread across the country - letting the American people know it is in their hands to fix this - the American public has the power to change everything for the better or continue to turn a blind eye to the problem. We have to stand together to fix this problem.
   So as I close out my first month of tweeting and blogging - I want to thank those who have encouraged me - those that I have just met but I feel like I have known forever. The good friends I have made - the people who have taken time out of their busy lives and read my blog and thought about what I have had to say.
   As I sit at my keyboard with tear filled eyes, I feel so blessed that I am not alone - and even though I rant and have days where I vent nonstop, there are people out there that also wish for a better tomorrow who continue to support me.
I sincerely thank you all from the bottom of my heart,
Amanda Schalau
The Average American ;-)
 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment