Sunday, May 1, 2011

Live, Laugh and Learn for a Better Economy : )

As I start the new week - I realize that I my focus had been disrupted last week by opinions from others who pretty much just like to hear themselves speak. Or I admit I could have put myself in a bad position to get smacked around a bit because I have a terrible sense of humor. I can find humor in just about anything - and it does make life more bearable with all the injustice in the world today. But I do understand that some people out there take their convictions so seriously that my joking around really light a fire under them. God help them because I plan to be blogging all summer and I really don't know if I can control my tongue!;) Enough about me - the next few blogs will be about our cause and shopping local supporting local communities and trying to get the US economy back on track for our children. I am sure that politics will play a part in this, but I am more interested in people like me being educated about what they can do other than voting for the right guy and then sitting back in their lazy-boy waiting for things to get better. Our goal is to reach the people - even people who are not online reading blogs - and let's face it - people do not get online to read blogs like this - they get online to be entertained with clever quips or YouTube videos of cute animals . That reminds me - I need to find a cute animal for our cause - then maybe we will reach more people - or maybe I will film the kids on skateboards - someone is bound to get hurt and that always seems to be a big hit for followers - lol. That was a joke so no one needs to call social services on me. Have a great day - this week we will focus on what we can do to start helping now. Sincerely, Amanda Schalau - the average American living check to check like most everyone else

2 comments:

  1. I think being able to laugh at life is a wonderful gift!!!! And I agree with your support of local business to stimulate economic growth. This weekend I attended the Cajun Crawl downtown, and I was happy to see several local vendors instead of large companies from out of town. It may not have been as packed as it was last year, but the money that was made in Lincoln Parish will at least stay in Lincoln Parish :) I am proud of you both for your grassroots movement and if there is anything I can do to help just message me!!!! cleanmatters@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following our project - we are on day 11 or 12 - so you can say you were here when we started - you tube videos coming this week - if we can figure out how to load them - lol Have a great day - and sincerely - thank you again -:)

    ReplyDelete