Friday, May 13, 2011

I Was Blind - But Now I See

    Okay - let's face it - people are tired of hearing about how bad th economy is - most of us, myself included, would rather tweet something silly or settle in infront of the TV and watch a good game. Fortunately for you I have decided to keep my blogs brief and to the point.  Today we are going to talk about recent job creation and what this means to the average American.
     On April 19th 62,000 people were hired in one day - doesn't that sound great!  Oh yeah - they were hired by McDonalds.  Oh - did I mention around 940,000 other people who lined up for those jobs were turned away? I worked at McDonald's when I was 17 and got the job immediately - now they are turning educated skilled workers away.  It's crazy out there.  Okay back to my point - what does this mean to you?
      It means that these 62,000 people and over 940,000 others that were turned away are settling on jobs that will reduce their incomes - the average was something like $45,000 a year going to around $21,000.
     People are having to settle for service jobs like fast food because all our manufacturing is being done over seas  The jobs being created - are very high end or very low end - ther is no middle - no middle means no middle class.
    I am beginning to wonder if those union types were a necessity so that the middle class would have a voice. Who is looking after our Americans right now?  I tell you I am spending day and night reading about all the coruption that has gone on for years with low down dirty deals that have stabbed America in the back.  And I for one am tired of seeing the people suffer. I was blind to all this and was living with my head in the cloud for years - knowing that the good people in Washington would do the right thing for our country - Well I have been a fool.  
    I do not blame anyone for being oblivious to this - I am admitting that I am at fault, too.  But I know now - and what started out as my daughter's project has lit a fire in my heart for my country and my fellow Americans. I know that if educated to the misdeeds against our working Americans - the American people will unite and make a stand to stop the disappearance of our way of life.
    I have a plan - I need a voice - I will not tire of defending this cause until my dying breath.  I see people suffer - scared that they will not be able to care for their children, people humiliated by being forced into jobs that they are over qualified for.  These people are working HARD to survive - they are tired - beat down -and they need someone to stand up for them. Someone who cares and sees them as people - not votes.
God Bless anyone who reads this - I mean that - and God bless anyone that helps spread this along - I will not fail in my mission to support the middle and lower class in this country - the people that seemed to be forgotten in all this - the people who are being left to figure things out themselves. Abandoned for the almighty dollar being sent overseas  -   The American people need to know that there is hope - I was blind but now I see - and what I see isn't pretty - but it can be fixed.
Friday the 13th  afternoon rant
Amanda Schalau
Average American

No comments:

Post a Comment